TRC ARTICLE WRITING COMPETITION
The Transformation Resource Centre (TRC) supported by the Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI) with the aim to promote youth involvement on issues of governance invites all interested Basotho youth to participate in an article writing competition. The article will be featured in litaba tsa Lesotho newsletter (TRC Sesotho newsletter) and should focus on youth concerns regarding their participation in politics/ good governance and or human rights.
The Centre acknowledges that young people are active social actors with their own views, ideas, thinking techniques and skills of using information. However, their identity, social standing, lack of uniform youth orientation to politics and few opportunities available often alienates them from adequate participation and engagement in decision making. There is uncertainty regarding young people’s presence in public affairs. This involves the increase of their civic involvement, the fight against reclusive conduct, their preparation for future leadership as active citizens, as well as their empowerment. It is therefore necessary to engage Basotho youth in opinion sharing on governance-related issues to express their views and how they perceive certain issues from a youthful perspective.
How to submit:
Please send your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, the article submission should be in a word document attached in an email, the word document should include: the article title, the name of the author, the social media handles of the author, and of course the written article. Please use Times New Roman font, size 12, and 1.5 spacing. The email subject must be in the following presentation; (Article Writing Competition and Author’s Name).
All entries must be submitted by November 22nd, 2019 13:00 p.m. Articles submitted after this deadline will not be considered.
Terms and Conditions:
- Articles should clearly state the names of the author, his/her contact details and a certified copy of his/her identification.
- By submitting an entry, the rights to your article will be transferred to Transformation Resource Centre (TRC).
- Winners will be contacted via email and telephonically prior to their articles being published.
- TRC has the right to edit the entries to suit its quarterly Sesotho newspaper content titled Litaba tsa Lesotho. Winners will not be notified about the editorial work done on their articles which might slightly change their work.
- Interested candidates must be citizens of Lesotho and must be between the ages of 18-35 years (Youth).
- All articles must be written in Sesotho and must not be more than three (3) pages long.
- The article must be well articulated paying close attention to statistics, prevalence, facts, focus and attention where necessary
- The article should be original work of the author and not a plagiarised
Participation in article Writing Competition Rewards:
The top 5 articles will be awarded cash prizes and the article will feature in the Centre’s Litaba tsa Lesotho newspaper. The prizes are as follows;
1st Price- 2800
2nd Price- 2000
3rd Price -1700
4th Price- 1500
5th Price- 1000